As well as its own standard instruments for laser measurements, Delta Developments does many Special Designs to suit the exact needs of individual customers. We have many years experience in these special projects and work closely with the customer to achieve their objective. We regard the writing of a comprehensive Report or an Instruction Manual as almost the most important part of each job.
For a Consultancy we usually first visit your site to assess the problem. We would then do some analysis and possibly some measurements before writing a full report which would include our recommendations for the next stage.
At the end of any Custom Design Project as well as the actual equipment, the customer will receive an Instruction Manual giving full details of the design, specification, circuits, method of calibration and the limits to be observed in use.
Recent projects include the following:
- Spectrometer to measure the output wavelengths of Free Electron Laser [Manchester Univ., Daresbury Labs].
- Low Power Source to simulate the weak pulsed beams reaching the target in a weapons simulation and training system. These systems are used for QA Checks on production lines. [Lockheed-Martin USA,]
- Computer modeling of carrier movements in a fast PIN photo-diode to predict speed of response and maximum linear currents at various wavelengths. [Centronic Ltd, Croydon]
- Stepper Motor control system for the crystal in a Dual Wavelength Atmospheric Probe ('DIAL' pollution measuring system). [ National Physical Laboratory (UK) , Siemens-Plessey, Spectrasyne (UK) ]
- Fast Spectrometer to find the time dependence of a gas dynamic laser. 30ns resolution, 50 channels. [Los Alamos Laboratory, USA]
- Investigation of operation of Piezo-electric system to control defective product ejection in a production line quality monitor.
- High Sensitivity receiving Heads to measure the low power pulse returning from a distant target for a target marker/range finding system. [DRA Malvern, Santa Barbara Infra Red, DRA Portsdown, DRA Farnborough]
- Design and construction of a special integrator to display the slow and fast components of the signal from a photo-diode. [Instro Precision Ltd, Broadstairs, Kent]
- Design and construction of ultra-screened PIN-FET Receiver for Fibre-optics [ NPL, Teddington, UK]
- Spectrometer Head to measure remotely the spectral reflectance of a nominally black target several km away using a broad band laser source. [DERA, Portsdown, UK ]
- Laser pulse integrator and data acquisition system for Aerosol visualisation system. [AWE Harwell, ]
- Multi-channel Laser Driver/Controller for use in non-invasive blood oxygen monitor. [for UCH, London (illustrated)]