Fast, Screened Amplifiers
- 50Ω Input and Output impedances
- Battery Power and Full Screening reduce pick-up from noisy lasers
- Internal regulation gives constant performance as battery runs down
- 0.7ns Rise time at x3.1 Noise = 35ÁV RMS
- 1.9ns Rise time at x10. Noise = 30ÁV RMS
- 3.6ns Rise time at x100. Noise = 30ÁV RMS
These Amplifiers were originally designed specially for Photon-Drag Detectors for CO2 TEA Lasers, but can, of course, be used for any general purpose amplification requirement. They have been carefully designed to eliminate noise from all sources and are mounted in an ultra screened box thus minimising pick up from the laser HV discharge or from transients from the AC mains supply.
The battery state is monitored continuously and on-board regulators ensure that the performance remains constant as it discharges. Any reflections back from the oscilloscope are absorbed because the amplifiers are reverse terminated (that is, the output impedance is exactly 50Ω).
Battery Powered Amplifiers
|Gain||X 3.1||X 10||X 100|
|Freq. Band||6kHz - 240MHz||6kHz - 140MHz||12kHz - 70MHz|
|Output Swing||+500mV,-500mV||+160mV, -90mV||-150mV, +50mV|
|Input Noise (RMS)||<35µV||<30µV||<30µV|
|Batteries||2x PP3 (9V)||2x PP3 (9V)||2x PP3 (9V)|
Ultra Low Noise Amplifiers
These very low noise Chopper Stabilised amplifiers are designed for Thermopiles, Calorimeters etc.
- DC - 2Hz. Gain =100.0 ▒0.1%. Noise = 40nV RMS
- DC - 10Hz. Gain =100.0 ▒0.1%. Noise = 70nV RMS
Thermal isolation of critical components reduces thermal EMFs to a minimum.
Battery Powered versions are virtually immune from 50/60Hz pick-up caused by earth loops. The battery state is continuously monitored.
Mains Powered versions have a frequency response well below the AC supply frequency thus minimising 50/60Hz pick-up.